Institute of Geological Sciences
- Active participation in ICDP Lake Drilling Projects:
- Lake Petén Itzá (Guatemala)
- Lake Potrok Aike (Southern Patagonia, Argentina)
- Lake Van (Eastern Anatolia, Turkey)
- SCOPSCO: Scientific Collaboration On Past Speciation Conditions in Lake Ohrid (Albania/Macedonia), more information...
- Paleoenvironments, Biological Evolution, and Geomicrobiology of the Ultramafic, Tropical Pacific Lake Towuti, Indonesia (TOWUTI), more information...
- Drilling Overdeepened Alpine Valleys (DOVE)
- Lake Tsunamis: Causes, Controls, and Hazard
- Investigating Paleoenvironments and Paleoseismicity in the Abisko area, N-Sweden using sedimentary records from Torneträsk (PALTO), more information...
- Climate and environmental history of the Alps and its foreland
- Human-environment interactions
- Swath bathymetric investigations of Swiss Lakes. Implications for lake floor processes and natural hazards
- Glaciation history and environmental evolution of overdeepened valleys in the northern Alpine Foreland
- Intensity and frequency of strong precipitation events in the Alpine realm (FloodAlp)
- Slope instabilities and tsunamogenic potential of lateral and delta slopes in Swiss lakes
- Paleoseismology based on lake sediments
- The climate record of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego
- BANBU: Holocene climate change in the Mediterranean Basin across an East to West gradient
- Release of persistent organic pollutants from melting Alpine glaciers
- Climate change and flood hazard in the Alps